Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Vacation!

Dan and I went to Cedar City for thanksgiving. Both our families live there which was great. We got two thanksgiving dinners, they were both yummy. It was a blast seeing our families and spending time with them. We have wonderful families and we are very lucky to have them. Dan and I stayed up all night Thursday night. We went to Wal-Mart for the black Friday sale. We were waiting in line for six hours for two laptops that were on sale for a great price. It was a long night, I tired sleeping on the walmart ground, it was so cold and i couldn't sleep. It was fun and exciting staying up all night with Dan and plus we got the laptops we were waiting for.  Dan's mom also got remarried this last weekend. She got sealed for time only in the St. George Temple. It was a beautiful day. I love being at the temple and being inside is even better. The spirit is so strong and there is a overwhelming feeling of peace and comfort inside the temple you just can't feel anywhere else in this world. Over this little vacation I realized that i really do have an amazing husband. He is worthy to get me to the temple and his testimony gives mine the added strength I truly need to survive in this world. I am very grateful to him for serving a mission and for his family raising him right and to be strong in the gospel and to be a gentlemen to everyone. I love this time of year, for the smells and the joy that is all around. Also when we were in Cedar it started snowing. It was beautiful and white. I love the way the snow looks on trees. But I am also grateful that I live in California and there is no snow. I don't have to wake up early to wipe the snow off my car and shovel the drive way. And I don't have to worry about falling.  I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

Pictures from thanksgiving at my parents house.


My sister in law Tammy made this wedding cake for her mom. She made the flowers and everything it was beautiful and amazing. There really isn't anything that women can't do. The newlyweds are the picture at the right. This is Dan's mom and Her new husband Lorin Pickett.


The thanksgiving table at my mom's house. It was beautiful, my mom did a very good job.


 
Me and my handsome husband on the St. George Temple grounds!

No comments: