Monday, November 23, 2009

Introduction to our life

My name is Amber Shoemake and my Husband is Daniel Shoemake. I decided that since I have nothing really better to do with my time I would a blog page about my happy married life. We have been married for one year and two weeks now. This year flew by and I have realized that the older I get the faster fast passes you by. I need to start cherishing every moment I have.
We live in Newberry Springs, CA. It is the armpit of California as my husband likes to call it. If you know where Barstow, CA is then you pretty much knew where I live. Newberry is actually 20 minutes before you reach Barstow. We moved here in May from Cedar City, Utah. My Danny lost his job working as a electrician in Cedar City in January and his brother offered him a job working with him. That is what brought us to Newberry Springs. Dan works as a Tow Operator and also does repairs on the big semi trucks.
I am working as a Instructional Aide for the School district out here. I am also attending SUU, doing online classes.
We have two dogs Maggie, who is a American Eskimo and Tessa, who is a Miniature Schnauzer. They are both full of energy and I really need to walk them more. Tessa is differently Dan's baby. She worships him and will follow him anywhere. It is kinda cute but also can be extremely annoying. Also she hates going outside when I tell my dogs to go outside Tessa runs right for our bedroom and hides under our bed. Maggie is my dog, she is all white and loves everyone and also is super excited to see anyone and will jump all over you. =] She just likes to show her love for you.
Dan is the youngest in his family. He has a older brother, Steve and a older sister, Tammy. Dan's dad died last year one month before he was to come home from his mission. It was really hard on Dan but he was really strong and faithful and stayed on his mission to finish serving the Lord. His dad would have been very proud of him for staying. His mom lives in cedar with Tammy and Steve lives across the street from us with his wife and five kids.
Dan and I met in high school when I was a 16, through some friends we had in common. He is two years older than me. We started out as great friends and we were hanging out a lot. I don't know when we officially started dating we never said we were boyfriend and girlfriend. But we probably started getting serious about six months before he was to leave on his mission. His dad was amazing and loved me a lot and wanted us together. I even went on a family vacation with Dan and his parents it was a blast expect I was way sick the entire time. We went to California to Knots Berry Farm and the San Diego Zoo.
Dan left on his mission in June of 2006. He went to Spain. I know awesome! I was really jealous. We are planning on going back someday. Last year when Dan got home. I knew the first time i saw him that we were going to get married. On August 1, 2008, Dan asked me the greatest question of my life. He asked me to marry him on the side of the road in his suit. It was way cute. Three months later we were married in the St. George Temple on November 15, 2008. It was the greatest day of my life, the only thing that was wrong was that my twin Kayla, my sister, was not there. She left a month before to serve the Lord on a mission in Germany.
That is just a little about our history together.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Amber! I am excited you have a blog! your story is cute! and I am happy things seem to be going well for you! Love ya!
Kristen